Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Moments....






-''Got a surprise for you'' she says.

-''What, what?''
-''Can't you smell it? ''
-''No...''

-''A dog in the street did smell it though. It got him crazy. He kept following me around like a love-stricken teenager, nosing me imploringly, walking me home, look of despair on his face when I finally climbed up the stairs. Can't you guess?''

-''Still no.''

-''When I asked you what you' d like me to make for dinner, you jokingly asked for something you knew I wouldn't cook in a thousant years myself, you remember?''

-''........''
-''Yep, here's your calf's head soup''!

-''Ah, I should have guessed! Dogs adore this, it drives them crazy! How...?''

-''I know this local little restaurant that specializes in said dishes with a traditional flavor....''

The smile that lits his face makes it so worthy stopping by there.

-''Have you ever tried any?" he asks her. 

''No, nor would I want to! '', she feigns disgust.
''It sure smells awesome, but just the thought of what's inside
 is enough to put me off.

''Don't worry, no calf's brains in there, '' he reassures her. 
''Here, try some, for my sake''. 

''Mmm, yummy!''

-''You just ate a piece of tongue, '' he teases her.

He's full and happy. With everything.
She can tell.
And that makes her own heart swell with happiness...




No comments:

Post a Comment