Thursday, August 13, 2015

All the sad things they predicted for us





I remember
every single thing
other people have said
to me
about our love story.
People full of good intentions, mostly.
Trying to put some sense into me


Their words
burning in my memory.
Sad thing, usually,
doom predicting things.

-''He 'll never come to you'' (you did)
-''You won't like the real him as much ( I liked the real you exactly as much )
-He's leading you on ( you are turning me on, constantly)
-''You'll be part of his 'harem' ( ''I'm part of his heart '', I tell them)
-''He's making fun of you ( you are making love to me, in every imaginable way)
-''It won't work because of the distance ( you are making it work, in spite of the distance)
''It's not real love, it's infatuation ( yes, it's not j u s t real love, it's spiritual love bliss)
-''There are too many problems and difficulties for you to be properly together (all of which magical dissipated, one by one)

-''It won't last'' (it's lasting, on and on and on)

And the recurring one:
''Just you wait , until you actually move in together...''
Implying the magic will fade eventually.
But actually, all the while, half fearing
that not only it will, but it'll grow stronger
and stronger and stronger.
Proving them all wrong.
Confusing them 
by defying their preconceptions.
Lite it does already.

It's alright
No real malice intended.
They meant no harm.
It is pure rational thinking talking.
All those people.
Meaning no harm.
Trying to protect.
Me, you.
Talking sense.
Talking through their brains.


Meanwhile, WE were loving
through our hearts....

Just our combined aura felt
lights up space, baby.
Baby of mine.

We go on lighting space.
We go on loving.

Just because...





No comments:

Post a Comment