Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Off They Go



Those very first moments in his car.
She gets in
Sits down, flustered. And happy.
Their time together begins, that's why.
She adjusts her skirt, looks up at him.
He is always half smiling, merriment, amusement and?...
She always talks first
Something silly, a platitude.
''I missed you''.
''Me too''.
He shifts the car into gear, wheels screeching, off they go.
Their private haven, their sanctuary, their salvation.
Off they go, 
off they went....

''You dont know me.
You don't love me, you love the experience'', he accuses.
She lowers her eyes, tears hovering, tears rolling down freely.
So harsh, so unfair....

No explanations.
She shuts eyes. 
Whispers:
''YOU are the experience...
You are my experience.
I love YOU...''

Off they go ...




No comments:

Post a Comment